Sorry that it’s been a while. Both Rachel and I haven’t really been in the kitchen much lately. We like to blame it on the lack of ingredients for good meals.
Anyway, tonight I made glazed pork chops. I got this recipe off a Facebook page called Tasty. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly though. I added my own twist.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 – 5 Pork Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon of cajun spice
- a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar per pork chop
Now it’s time to make it!
- In a mixing bowl add your spices. You can add more of each spice if you are making a lot of food but this is meant for 4 – 5 pork chops.
- We bought a pork roast and just cut it into pork chops so if you have pork chops already cut you can skip this step. I cut my pork roast into medium thickness pork chops.
- Once you have pork chops lightly toss each pork chop in the spice mix and place in a frying on medium heat.
- Cook each side for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Once each side has been cooked place 1/2 a tablespoon of brown sugar on each pork chop and flip over so the brown sugar is on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a little water to the pan. This will make a little bit of a sauce.
- Serve the pork chops on a plate and you can put some of the extra sauce on top.
I served the pork with brown rice and broccoli but you can serve if with whatever you want.
This was a hit in the house. The pork had the right amount of cajun but was still really sweet. Rachel said it almost tasted like a BBQ sauce.